cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFT FirewallSettings has stopped working

przemek
Apprentice

Hi I'm trying to synch my 6d with the EOS utility running on windows 8.1 64bit.

I'm getting:

WFT FirewallSettings has stopped working

error.jpg

I've tried to run it in Admin mode and  win 7 mode.. no sucess

19 REPLIES 19

ShadowHowler
Apprentice

Did you get this working yet?

Im having the same problem, i bought a 70D a few days ago.

same here (70D, EU3)

A-C
Apprentice

Same problem here more or less. The program wants to change my firewall but cannot do it. I tried to turn my firewall off, but it doesn't work either. ( Win 10). Why cannot Canon make a program that works?!!

@A-C wrote:

Same problem here more or less. The program wants to change my firewall but cannot do it. I tried to turn my firewall off, but it doesn't work either. ( Win 10). Why cannot Canon make a program that works?!!

Just what exactly does "it doesn't work either" mean?  If you want concise answers, then you need to describe your problem better.  For example, what is it that you're seeing that makes say, "it doesn't work either".   We can't see your screen.

http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/resources/articles/2012/wft_setup_guides.shtml

Check your virus software settings.  Virus software has firewalls, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Th_Hoornaert
Apprentice

I've the same problem ("WFT FirewallSettings has stopped working") since I bought my 70D, with Windows 7 as well as after upgrading to Windows 10 on a SONY VAIO, and with Windows 10 on a HP Envy.

At first I thought it was due to SONY's own adaptations to Windows, but obviously it is not. It doesn't work with Defender ON of OFF, with the Antivirus' firewall (Bitdefender Total Security or McAfee LifeSave) ON or OFF.

Whenever I try to pair my 70D with EOS UTILITY, WFT FirewallSettings is started and I get this dialog box:

EOS Pairing Software ... Windows Firewall settings must be changed ...
EOS Pairing Software.png

After I click Yes I get the User Account Control dialog box. When I click Yes I get the following :

"WFT FirewallSettings has stopped working  
WFT FirewallSettings has stopped workin.png

Sometimes, like now with the McAfee firewall off, it keeps reporting forever.
But generally it ends with the following:
WFT FirewallSettings has stopped working 2.png

In any case you get the following dialog box thereafter:
Could not change the Windows Firewall settings
Could not change the Windows Firewall settings.png

If - instead of pairing - I start the program "WFT FirewallSettings.exe" with of without admin rights I get the same dialog boxes but the first one.

I've tried it with different versions of EOS Utility, like the version 2.13 at the time of the release of EOS 70D, as well as the latest version: EOS Utility version 2.14.20a.  Windows has always been up-to-date.
Sony VAIO with Intel Core i7 64 bit with Windows 10 Professional, upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate
HP Envy with Intel Core i7 64 bit with Windows 10 Professional, Windows version 1709 build 16299.192.
Both have Adobe CS5.5 and Adobe Lightroom 6 installed.

If at least someone could instruct what settings to change in the registry, or give help in any other way.

Hello, Th_Hoornaert,

Thank you for reaching out to Canon USA! We recommend getting in touch with our friendly support team for this in-depth issue. Support can be reached at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 8am to Midnight or Saturdays from 10am to 8pm (ET). 

If you're outside the US, you'll want to reach out to Canon in your country. You'll find contact information at http://global.canon/en/support/

badgerboy
Contributor

Hi...is there a fix for this yet...i notice these comments come from 2014 ...i bought the 80D on monday finally have a day off and been here 4 hours trying to connect.Downloaded EOS utility 3 times and re-connected to my pc wi-fi 4 times but still getting the same WFT firewall error ...help !!!! the Wi-fi was one of the reasons i spent 1000 euros on this camera .

any help greatly received !! Thanks 

@badgerboy wrote:

Hi...is there a fix for this yet...i notice these comments come from 2014 ...i bought the 80D on monday finally have a day off and been here 4 hours trying to connect.Downloaded EOS utility 3 times and re-connected to my pc wi-fi 4 times but still getting the same WFT firewall error ...help !!!! the Wi-fi was one of the reasons i spent 1000 euros on this camera .

any help greatly received !! Thanks 

Take a look at the link that I posted.  It explains the basics of Canon's wireless features.  More importantly, check out the links at the bottom of the page, and along the  sides of the page.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@

I do not see any link with your last post.

After these years I still have the same problem. I explained the issue with all the information and screen dumps.

I use English software, and that is why I contact community.usa.canon.com.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Announcements