cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility on Mac with Original 5D

whphoto
Apprentice

I am trying to tether my original 5d on a Mac running OS 10.8.x. I can tether a 5D mkIII, but not the 5D mkI(original).

Is there something I am missing, or has the original 5D been excluded from the newer software?

5 REPLIES 5

jprusa
Contributor

Does EOS utility recognize your D5 when you plug it in and turn the camera on? Will utilities open up and give you the options to down load pics,control camera ect? Call and ask because I didn't see one for that  10.8.x  under the D5 software . 

EOS Utility does not reconize my camera. I can not do anything with the camera when it is plugged in. It does however show up as a device plugged in when I check the system information through the Apple Menu. So this means that the camera is plugged in, and reconized by the operating system, just not the canon software.

Had the same issue with my D20. Had to down load pics from card reader and that worked fine. Give them a call they may have a solution.  Good luck 

Mykolas
Authority

Hi whphoto!

Thank you for posting.  The newer software that is required for your EOS 5D Mark III and OS 10.8.x no longer supports the original EOS 5D.  In order to download the images from the camera, you will need to use a card reader.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am sorry to hear that it is no longer supported. The issue is not with downloading the images, but shooting with the camera teathered. I really loved the functionallity of being able to change the camera settings from the computer and capture the images. I guess I am going to have to abandon the Canon software and use something third party.

Announcements