cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4 auto gamma adjustment for multiple RAW files

cometer
Apprentice

I want to use the "auto" button of "gamma adjustment" in the "Basic palette" of "Tool palette" in DPP4 for multiple RAW files. Is there any kind of "batch" way to do it? Since I've got a lot of RAWs, I don't want to apply the "auto" button to each RAW one by one

4 REPLIES 4

You can save the change as a recipe file and then apply it simultaneously (I believe) to the rest of the images. But the caution here is that the same gamma adjustment may not be applicable to all of the images. The whole point of auto gamma adjustment is to get it as correct as possible for each image.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thank you, 

That is exactly what I'm worried about, so I'm not going to use recipe to handle this...

Is there any other way?

I'm wondering why the recipe (in "select and copy recipe settings" popup menu) can't include a check box of "auto gamma adjustment"; just as the "lens correction" check box, once applied, it should be able to trigger the "auto gamma adjustment" function for each individual RAW.

Sean Liao, Taiwan

@cometer wrote:

Thank you, 

That is exactly what I'm worried about, so I'm not going to use recipe to handle this...

Is there any other way?

I'm wondering why the recipe (in "select and copy recipe settings" popup menu) can't include a check box of "auto gamma adjustment"; just as the "lens correction" check box, once applied, it should be able to trigger the "auto gamma adjustment" function for each individual RAW.

Sean Liao, Taiwan

I'm just guessing, but I suspect that the routine that applies the recipe files only knows how to substitute new values for items in the Exif data. I doubt that it has any provision for dynamically calculating those values.

Can lens correction be applied by a recipe file? I would have thought not.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@cometer wrote:

I want to use the "auto" button of "gamma adjustment" in the "Basic palette" of "Tool palette" in DPP4 for multiple RAW files. Is there any kind of "batch" way to do it? Since I've got a lot of RAWs, I don't want to apply the "auto" button to each RAW one by one

Yes, in the folder view of DPP 4, select all the files you want to apply the auto gamma adjustment too. Then from the 'View' menu select the 'Tool Pallet'. Then under 'Gamma Adjustment' on the tool pallet click on 'Auto'. The program will apply the auto gamma adjustment to all of the selected files. Note it may take a while for the computer to process a large number of files.

Announcements