cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Tower

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Auckland NZ's Sky Tower is the tallest tower in the Southern Hemisphere, but even so it can be difficult to shoot up close because of the mass of tall blocks erupting around it. After some judicious recon, I found this spot that not only affords a relatively uninterrupted view, but also puts it in contrast to the venerable older St Patricks Cathedral.

The RF 24-105 f/4 is a lens I rarely use, but given the low light and wide FoC required, I went with that. Hand-held in available light.

Canon EOS R6 • Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM @35mm • 1/8 • f/4 • ISO 640Canon EOS R6 • Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM @35mm • 1/8 • f/4 • ISO 640

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Great shot Trevor.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you, John!

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Excellent!

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Thanks Newton! 

cheers, TREVOR

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Excellent photo. I'm not near the expertise you have but recognize you have put together the settings needed here. My complements.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Thank you!

cheers, TREVOR

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements