cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Gear Challenge

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Every now and then I challenge myself to delve into my personal museum of camera gear and go out to shoot to see if I still have the ability to make an image without depending on the new tech.  After all, at the time, these cameras and lenses rendered some really excellent images.

I went out with 2 x Canon EOS 60D's (circa 2010) and one each of the EF-S 18-55 STM and 55-250 STM lenses attached.  I had intended to just shoot some images of the pre-Christmas shopping rush, but frankly it was a non-event, and I just got images of the Christmas decorations in shops hoping for people to spend up large.

Then, on the way back to the bus, I chanced upon an event at the local art gallery, which is holding a season of traditional and modern Maori art.  I got to see a fantastic piece of modern dance with a very unique Maori slant - it was beautiful and enchanting -  in fact I stayed for the second performance to get a better location to shoot from.  This was one of the few times I wish I was set up for video on a serious level, but the name of the game was shooting stills with older gear.  So here are the results:

_MG_5361 AM.jpg

#1: Canon EOS 60D, EF-S 18-55 IS STM@55mm, f/8, 1/100sec, ISO-120

IMG_0146 M.jpg

#2:  Canon EOS 60D, EF-S 55-250 IS STM@109mm, f/7.1, 1/1000sec, ISO-200

IMG_0164 M.jpg

#3:  Canon EOS 60D, EF-S 55-250 IS STM@79mm, f/7.1, 1/400sec, ISO-200

IMG_0191 CM LR.jpg

#4:  Canon EOS 60D, EF-S 55-250 IS STM@155mm, f/7.1, 1/1000sec, ISO-200

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Well... when it comes to using old gear to take photos I don't have a patch on this venerable gentleman from Afghanistan:

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks for sharing the video! Simply amazing.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements