cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game winning reception

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

This play wasn't my favorite because it set up the go ahead score on the 3 yard line for the opposing team as time was running out but it was a nice catch by the purple team (simultaneous catch goes to the offensive player). 

Field lighting was the worst I have ever seen in HS football with different color temperatures across the field of play and not much light even in midfield with really dark end zones.  There is also no track around the field with only about 4 feet of area from the field boundary marker to the fence and three feet from the goal post to the end fence, I had to jump onto the field at one point to avoid a pass play that went out of bounds because there was nowhere else to go. The laughing official told me the QB must have thought I was an eligible receiver on that play because the pass went where I was on the sideline 🙂

This was captured with a 1DX Mark III with EF 400 f2.8 @ f2.8, 1/800, ISO 16,000 and cropped from about 30% of the total sensor area.  It is nice what cameras can do in very low light these days!

Rodger

AS0I0703.JPG

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
2 REPLIES 2

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Making the best of a bad situation, it looks like to me.

When life gives you lemons . . .Robot wink

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Noting the settings for this great looking photo.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
Announcements