cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF462dw scans when it feels like it

ecario
Apprentice

I purchased the multi-functioned MF462DW (printer/copier/scanner/fax) a few months ago, specifically because I needed a printer/scanner the operated through wifi.  I recall it took some trouble to get it working via WIFI, but mostly it works.  But I have always had a strange (but pretty easily reproducible) problem with scanning. If I start scanning from the printer itself (selecting the computer to scan to, I have 3 computers on the network, but almost always scan to just 1 computer), it works fine.  But if I scan another sheet, it fails with some error. (It doesn't give the error).  If I go back to the menu and select the computer again, there are now 2 entries for the original target computer. Hmm, which one to pick?  It seems no matter which I select, it fails.  But if I wait a minute or two, and pick again, it will work. This is annoying, as what should be a 1-minute operation now takes 5 minutes while I keep trying and failing, and then all of a sudden it works.  This device was replacing a Brother printer/scanner which worked flawlessly for 10+ years. 

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements