cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiDE 200 Scanner Glass

LKalos
Apprentice

I need a contact that can verify if a sheep hair Hake Brush will be safe to use to sweep small particles off of the glass surface, especially the edges.  Specs here: https://www.gaylord.com/Preservation/Book-%26-Pamphlet-Preservation/Repair-Tools-%26-Supplies/Brushe...

Co-worker is refusing to use because the manual says soft cloth, believe this brush is as soft or softer than a cloth. 

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Use canned air and keep the scanner covered when not in use.  It doesn't matter how clean you are, all houses are dusty.  If you have pets, hairy too.  A soft bristle brush, clean soft cloth and canned all works great.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I agree with you about the canned air. I work in an Archives and as I posted above, she refuses to use ANYTHING other than a soft cloth as written in the manual. I would like a contact for someone at Canon that can confirm that a Hake Brush, canned air, and the like can be used on the glass.

Stephen

Hi there!

The Canon Community Forums aren't intended for immediate, urgent assistance from Canon Technical Support. 

If you've registered your scanner, as we suggested on Twitter, you'll see options to contact support within your My Canon Account. Email support may not be available for your product. You will see all of your support options at canon.us/account

Believe me, I tried that first. This is not an urgent need, just a frustrating one.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Its glass.  Nothing natual or synthetic will hurt it.  Its not like you are proposing using a wire brush on it.  Canon will not tell you to use a brush...  they recommend cloth.  I use air.  T- shirts work great too.  Your work colleague sounds like a nightmare.  Good luck.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

She is. Thank you for acknowledging that I am not a scanner destroying maniac that wants to used an Archival tool...in an Archives.

Announcements