cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing a imageFORMULA P-215II Mobile Document Scanner

KristiBrew
Apprentice

We recently purchased several P-215 scanners and are having trouble installing them on newer small form PC's.  They work beautifully on the larger traditional PC's using only the USB cord.  We believe the smaller PC's arent able to deliver the power necessary to the scanner.  The Canon documentation states that you need the AD adapter for high speed TWAIN scanning however I am unable to find anywhere to purchase the listed part.  We have purchased multiple after market AC adapter replacements, tried USP power blocks with no luck. Since plug and play is not working we download the most updated drivers directly from the canon site and are still not able to see the devices recognized in the device list.  I am reaching out to see if anyone knows of a trick to get these to be recognized on a Windows 10 PC or has an idea where we can purchase a supported AC Adapter.

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If the smaller PC's are laptops and running off the battery, I recommend connecting them to an outlet when trying to scan. 

If you are still looking for an AC adapter, parts and accessory requests are handled exclusively by our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions telephone support group. Please call 1-800-423-2366, Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST. A representative will be able to further assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

bokchoy13
Apprentice

I've been struggling with this issue for awhile, but finally just found the below recommendation, and it worked!

1-Run "services.msc"
2-Find "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)" and right-click it
3-Select "Properties"
4-Change "Startup Type:" to "Disabled".
5-Reboot computer

bokchoy13
Apprentice

1-Run "services.msc"
2-Find "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)" and right-click it
3-Select "Properties"
4-Change "Startup Type:" to "Disabled".
5-Reboot computer