cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR-C230 SCANNER, how do to set up wifi communication?

clutch2005
Apprentice

Hi ,new here

i bought a used scanner dr-c230 without setup cd. I came here and downloaded the driver and other stuff 

One of the downloads was for setting up wifi comms but i do not know how to implement this feature . Looking for some advice on how to set up this scanned for wireless communication. I am using windows 10. The USB connection works fine but my table is small and want to place the scanner further away and also be able to use it with more than one computer.

Any help appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Here is a link to the Wi-Fi adapter accessory

WA10 Network Adapter (canon.com)

And here are its instructions:

WA10 User Manual (c-wss.com)

If you don't want a wi-fi dongle, Canon does make document scanners that include built in wi-fi.  The R50 comes to mind.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If you have the network adaptor, please click HERE and download/install the wireless setup tool from the Canon website. When the page opens, click the software and drivers option and scroll down to access the file. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

hIHi

thanks for the response

i did download the setup tool. it comes with no installation instructions or how to use it. nevertheless i managed to download and run it. when it ran it asked me to choose a scanner model. mine was not on the list , its tce c230. when i choseone of the listed ones it showed me how to prepare the canner for wifi connection usin on touch but my ontouch does not have such a tab. I am guessing this download does not cover my scanner or my scanner has no wifi connection feature but thank you for taking the time to answer my request.

The DR-C230 by itself is USB only. There is an optional WiFi adapter, and an optional network adapter. Both are separate accessories. 

• Thank you. I will check it out

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Here is a link to the Wi-Fi adapter accessory

WA10 Network Adapter (canon.com)

And here are its instructions:

WA10 User Manual (c-wss.com)

If you don't want a wi-fi dongle, Canon does make document scanners that include built in wi-fi.  The R50 comes to mind.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

hi

thanks a lot for the information. I have searched for a used one or new but thay are pricey. It would be a good solution for me

Announcements