cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canoscan Lide 300 not working - new purchase Error

lide300broken
Apprentice

Hi, i recently purchased a new in box scanner from canon. The canoscan lide 300. So far I've tried it on 3 computers with no luck. I've tried it without the drivers, with the drivers, restarted many times, tried updating, and tried different USB cables without any luck. I've also tried the common things like reinstalling the software, and trying to install the driver alone, and trying to let windows install the driver. I've disabled the firewall and have disabled UAC so there is no issue with permissions. 

Nothing works, the scanner moves backward and forward, but when pressing any button or trying to scan this error comes up: Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons, scanner is turned off, usb cable is disconnected.

please check and try again. scanner driver will be closed

Code:2, 156,33

The scanner does have power and is not disconnected and is powered on, but this error shows up on every computer. 

I haven't had any luck but the weird thing is the same error comes up on multiple computers. I've tried everything I can thing of but since my return windows was extremely short. my only option is to sell it on ebay if I cant get it working. I noticed they have a service number but it seems like they charge. I wouldn't mind but I feel like there should be some way to contact them if the item is broken from the factory. If anyone has any advice on what to do or how to fix please post. thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If the return indow is still open return it.

If not give 1-800-OK-CANON a call and talk with them.

This is a user supported forum, so it is not wise to wait for a response here. It requires 1. someone with your product is on the forum and reads your posting and 2. that that person knows how to resolve your problem. 

Frequently getting into low probability zone.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

SvenSven1
Apprentice

I have the same problem. I sent it first back because I thought it was faulty. Received a new and spent enormous of hours on 7 different computers. Windows 10 and 11 + Mac. Getting exactly same result as you describe. There must be some secret to get them working. However I haven't found out yet.  I have a Lide 210 that is working perfect on W10 and Mac. I got the Lide 300 to use on my 2 Windows 11 but this is not working on anything.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Some models come with a "lock" switch on the back of the scanner.  This is for shipping.  If applicable, be sure this is released or "unlocked".

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements