cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon lide 400 Scanner Code 2 156 33 scan bar stuck at the top

farhanfaisal345
Apprentice

I have a scanner with the scan bar at the tail end. When I plug it in, the scan bar moves to the front, flashes when going back 1 inch, and then returns to the previous position (tail end). I don't have a warranty on this one and would appreciate any hints. Thanks.

I am getting this error while trying to scan
Error 2 156 33

The scan bar is in this position as can be seen in this video. I have reinstalled the software many times and restarted the computer many times and I have tried to use it on other computers and i get that same error message. 

How do i fix this?

https://youtu.be/zdQ4aIStj30

5 REPLIES 5

farhanfaisal345
Apprentice

i have tried everything and found a temporary fix, when the bar gets to the bottom I mash the auto scan button many times and it fixes the bar and the scanner goes back to normal but it goes back to be normal the next time I try to use it. now this fix has stopped working, this is planned obsolescence by canon. So we have to buy new scanners every few months. This is a firmware issue. That I am sure of. they have no way to rest its firmware. 

Hi farhanfaisal345,

Based on your description of the issue, it would appear that your CanoScan LiDE 400 will require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Patrick, I have the exact same problem, I live in Germany, my scanner is out of warranty period.

How can I solve this?

Regards, Radu

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation; however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

What are the serial numbers of the huge lot of defective units?  It would be easier to issue a recall.  I am not sure people actually want to upgrade to another Canon product, based on the poor response to this issue.

Announcements