cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 300 "Cannot communicate with scanner" error message

GuyIncognito1
Apprentice

Hi, I got a Canon LiDe 300 about two months ago (running Windows 10) and it's been superb but after a few scans this morning I had an error: _____ Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons: -Scanner is turned off. -USB cable is disconnected Please check and try again. Scanner driver will be closed. Code:5,156,69 __________ I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, changing the cable, swapping USB ports etc. and nothing's changed it. No other software settings should have changed, it was working one minute and not the next. There's no sign of damage; any time I connect it to the PC it powers up and the arm moves, and the desktop reads it, it's just that that error comes up any time I click on any button on the IJ Scan Utility. Any help would be fantastic 😃

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, GuyIncognito1!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi, sorry, I'm running a PC with Windows 10

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

By chance are you running any 3rd party anti-virus software?  This would be something in addition to the included Windows Security. 

shadowsports_0-1716905556682.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

No, sadly, nothing running but the bare bones =(

geoffers
Apprentice

I've just experienced this exact issue here with one of our scanners.

The fix : (Well for me) - reseating a ribbon cable
Unscrew the two screws on the bottom, then open up the scanner (it has little clips at the back which you can carefully pry apart) - the lid lifts off, and the glass comes out quite easy aswell.

The head being at the wrong end is a bonus, as it easily comes off.

One side of it is spring loaded - watch out for that jumping spring.

The black bit slides to the right (towards the spring) and rotates up

When it's out - there is a little ribbon cable, unplugging this and re-seating it (then put back together in reverse order - don't forget the spring)

It's now working again.

Announcements