cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image.canon Support for files from EOS R5 C?

shahrulnizammm
Contributor

Through Image.Canon cloud service can we upload the RAW movie files or MP4 files captured from R5 C?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is what I found.  

The supported formats differ depending on the upload method.

Uploading directly from the camera
You can upload still images (JPEG, HEIF, RAW images) and movies (MP4, MOV, CRM) taken with your camera.

The following models do not currently support the function to send RAW images (CR2 format) via Internet. Therefore, you cannot send RAW images directly to image.canon.

EOS Rebel T7 / EOS 1500D / EOS 2000D

Uploading from image.canon application installed in your smartphone
You can upload JPEG and RAW images taken with Canon camera. HEIF images and videos cannot be uploaded.

HEIC images taken with iPhone will be converted to JPEG and then uploaded. Portrait mode is not supported. RAW images cannot be handled with iOS 11.

Uploading from browser of computer or Android smartphone
You can upload JPEG and RAW images taken with a Canon camera. HEIF images and videos cannot be uploaded.

Upload from the browser of iOS smartphone
Only JPEG can be uploaded. HEIC images taken with iPhone will be converted to JPEG and then uploaded. Portrait mode is not supported.

Images taken with cameras other than Canon cameras and images processed with applications other than Canon may not be handled correctly.
Can I upload images from my PC or smartphone to image.canon? How does this differ from images uploaded from my camera?

You can upload still images from your PC and smartphone. You cannot upload videos. Although the expiration and capacity of images uploaded in this manner do not differ from images uploaded from your camera, images uploaded from your PC and smartphone will not be automatically forwarded to external services like Google Drive.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite

Yes The Main Features page does state "...allow you to seamlessly upload all your images and movies in their original format...".

The FAQ also references this Help Article which speaks about videos.

Have you tried uploading videos?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I have tried following the setting from image.canon | Camera connection procedure this page. But it seems that i can not find the file "type to send" setting in R5C. 

But for R5, there is no problem. It works as the procedure mentioned.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is what I found.  

The supported formats differ depending on the upload method.

Uploading directly from the camera
You can upload still images (JPEG, HEIF, RAW images) and movies (MP4, MOV, CRM) taken with your camera.

The following models do not currently support the function to send RAW images (CR2 format) via Internet. Therefore, you cannot send RAW images directly to image.canon.

EOS Rebel T7 / EOS 1500D / EOS 2000D

Uploading from image.canon application installed in your smartphone
You can upload JPEG and RAW images taken with Canon camera. HEIF images and videos cannot be uploaded.

HEIC images taken with iPhone will be converted to JPEG and then uploaded. Portrait mode is not supported. RAW images cannot be handled with iOS 11.

Uploading from browser of computer or Android smartphone
You can upload JPEG and RAW images taken with a Canon camera. HEIF images and videos cannot be uploaded.

Upload from the browser of iOS smartphone
Only JPEG can be uploaded. HEIC images taken with iPhone will be converted to JPEG and then uploaded. Portrait mode is not supported.

Images taken with cameras other than Canon cameras and images processed with applications other than Canon may not be handled correctly.
Can I upload images from my PC or smartphone to image.canon? How does this differ from images uploaded from my camera?

You can upload still images from your PC and smartphone. You cannot upload videos. Although the expiration and capacity of images uploaded in this manner do not differ from images uploaded from your camera, images uploaded from your PC and smartphone will not be automatically forwarded to external services like Google Drive.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements