cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XF 605 - Activate IP Streaming (greyed out) - unable to activate

nelpix
Apprentice

I'm unable to activate IP streaming on my xf605 as the menu item is constantly greyed out, and set to disable. Is there a funtion that I am missing? I am able to get the camera to connect to the multicam app and browser remote, but can't activate the IP streaming function. I am on the latest 1.0.4.1 FW as well. Any help would be appreciated to get this activated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

figured out it is actually the encoding format. I was set to MP4(hevc) and this would disable ip streaming. Changing to xf-avc allowed activation of ip streaming again. Maybe it's because the xf605 can't do hevc srt, it only does h264

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

briankirwan
Contributor

Take dual slot or whatever function uses the b slot to record off.

The processor to stream utilizes the resources that record to b slot so you cant have all three happening.

Slot A Record 
Stream or B Slot 

figured out it is actually the encoding format. I was set to MP4(hevc) and this would disable ip streaming. Changing to xf-avc allowed activation of ip streaming again. Maybe it's because the xf605 can't do hevc srt, it only does h264

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Was just going to post this for you both.  I don't have an XF605, so had to do a bit of research. My R5 C doesn't stream SRT

Supported streaming modes:

shadowsports_0-1720240876596.png

IP streaming cannot be used in the following cases:

- When using a recording mode other than [Normal Recording].

- When [2nd Card Rec Functions] is set to an option other than [Off]. (*credit Briankirwan)

- When using the web camera function (A 117)

Thanks both.  This will be helpful for others.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements