cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble saving camera settings from C300 mkii

lcornfoot
Apprentice

Hi all, 

I am trying to save my camera settings to the SD card. The card is not locked, have tried different sized cards (32, 64) and still the option is greyed out under format as well as  under the transfer menu.

Any thoughts? Have tried in 3 different cameras and it’s the same issue. Guessing it may be a firmware update needed but we can’t do that at the moment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there- sorry it took so long for me to reply.  Thanks for your suggestions, it looks like it was just plain ole card space after all.  Seemed to work with a 128 gb card or higher.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Icornfoot,

It sounds as though the camera is not recognizing that a card is in the SD card slot. You can try setting the Photo numbering setting to Reset. The folder and file numbers may have reached their maximum value. This can be set in the Recording/Media Setup menu. Does the SD card access indicator light up at all? If not, the camera is not "seeing" the card. I would suggest using a card of 512 MB or greater. You can update the firmware HERE if you'd like when able.

Hi there- sorry it took so long for me to reply.  Thanks for your suggestions, it looks like it was just plain ole card space after all.  Seemed to work with a 128 gb card or higher.

Thanks for the suggestions- turns out it was just the card space after all. Problem solved.

lowergm
Apprentice

If you are having trouble saving camera settings from a Canon C300 Mark II camera, there may be several possible causes. Here are a few potential solutions:

1. Check memory card: Make sure that the memory card in the camera is not full or write-protected. If the memory card is full, you may not be able to save new settings. If the memory card is write-protected, you may not be able to save any settings at all.

2. Check firmware version: Make sure that the camera firmware is up to date. Outdated firmware may cause issues with saving settings or other camera functions. You can check for firmware updates on the Canon website.

3. Reset camera: Try resetting the camera to its default settings. This can sometimes resolve issues with saving settings. To reset the camera, go to the "System Setup" menu and select "Reset" or "Reset All".

4. Check settings: Make sure that the settings you are trying to save are compatible with the camera and that they are not conflicting with other settings. For example, some settings may not be available in certain camera modes or may conflict with other settings.

5. Contact Canon support: If none of the above solutions work, contact Canon support for further assistance. They may be able to diagnose and resolve the issue or provide additional troubleshooting steps.

Overall, if you are having trouble saving camera settings from a Canon C300 Mark II camera, it is important to troubleshoot the issue and try different solutions until the issue is resolved. By following these steps, you can ensure that your camera settings are saved correctly and that your camera is functioning properly.

Announcements