*1-19 are the changes in Version 18.104.22.168, and item 20 is the addition in Version 22.214.171.124.
Firmware Version 126.96.36.199 incorporates the following enhancements:
1. The following features are enabled when the following lenses are attached: CN-E14-35mm T1.7 L S, CN-E20-50mm T2.4 L F, CN-E45-135mm T2.4 L F, CN8x15 IAS S/E1:
· Displaying metadata, such as the model name and the focal distance of the lens attached.
· Displaying T number.
· Support for Peripheral Illumination Correction and Chromatic Lens Aberration Correction.
· Support for Dual Pixel CMOS AF autofocus(CN8x15 IAS S/E1 only)
· Support for [Dual Pixel Focus Guide].
2. The following features are enabled when the following lenses are attached: RF-S18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM, RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM:
· Adds a menu to switch lens functions. (Focus Ring, Control Ring, Lens Optical Image Stabilization)
3. Adds EF lenses compatible with EF-EOS R 0.71x Mount Adapter.
· CN-E14mm T3.1 L F
· CN-E20mm T1.5 L F
· CN-E24mm T1.5 L F
· CN-E35mm T1.5 L F
· CN-E50mm T1.3 L F
· CN-E85mm T1.3 L F
· CN-E135mm T2.2 L F
· EF14mm f/2.8L II USM
· EF24mm f/1.4L II USM
· EF35mm f/1.4L II USM
· EF50mm f/1.2L USM
· EF85mm f/1.2L II USM
· EF135mm f/2L USM
4. Enables left/right switching with one touch when using Magnify. (When recording 8K RAW with VR lens attached.)
5. Enables magnify during 8K MP4 recording. (Not available when HDMI 4K is output.)
6. Improves switching time between Video/Photo mode.
7. Adds Power Saving Mode.
8. Enhances Clear Scan resolution.
9. Adds Digital-Teleconverter function. (1.5x /2x /2.5x /3x)
10. Enables to change WFM size.
11. Enables to change Vector scope gain by touch.
12. Enables to change WFM/Vector scope opacity.
13. Improves AF performance.
- Enables tracking frame to change variably depending on subject.
- Enables to detect heads facing sideways or backwards, or in situations such as when wearing a helmet.
- Enables to select Face via control ring/dial.
14. Adds [Subject Selection] assignable function via control ring/dial.
15. Adds [Canon 709 / BT.709] to the Gamma/Color Space in Custom Picture setting.
16. Adds [CMT 709] in Proxy Rec Color Conversion.
17. Adds [CMT 709] in View Assist.
18. Adds [G Gain] in White Balance in Custom Picture settings.
19. Adds support for 4CH display in audio meter.
20. Fixes an issue, in which [IBIS High Resolution shot] that is not part of the original specifications, will become enabled under specific conditions.
*1-19 are the changes in Version 188.8.131.52, and 20 is the addition in Version 184.108.40.206.
Thank you #Team Canon 👍
Bay Area - CA
~R5 C (220.127.116.11) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It
09/26/2023: New firmware updates are available.
08/18/2023: Canon EOS R5 C training series is released.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.