cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming a button to toggle HDR in photo mode on R5 C

kodiakcreativit
Contributor

This topic may also apply equally to the R5 and possibly other similar cameras.

I enjoy using the automatic bracketing for taking HDR images, as you can enable/disable in the camera's menu (in photo mode) Shoot menu page 5, option HDR mode.

Question: How can I make this option easier to enable or disable? ideally I'd like to program one of the camera's physical buttons to toggle between disabled and whatever previous setting I specified here. either that or at least being able to toggle between disabled and auto would be really nice. I use this feature frequently and would like to access it with the push of a button.

As a backup plan I tried to program one of the custom shooting modes to have HDR enabled, but that also does not work. it does not allow you to save a custom shooting mode if HDR is enabled. the closest

Best I've found so far is registering this setting in a custom menu so its easier to find, but it takes multiple button presses or touchscreen taps to enable or disable, I'd really like to just push a button to toggle on and off.

Is there a way to do this that I haven't found yet? or is there any way I could summit such an ability to Canon as a feature request? the limitations on custom shooting modes seem artificial, and as well as this feature not being available in the list of things you can program a button to

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements