cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C70 manual focusing twillight zone

Talijan
Apprentice

Hey all,

I'm new here. Being in the industry for a long time and understanding optics and physics, I have a really strange problem with my C70. Two weeks ago I've sent the camera for LCD hinge service and they did a great job, but yesterday I did a shoot and I've noticed that I cannot focus on infinity when using wider lenses, and upon some testing I realized as wider I am the closest is my infinity focus, with 12/2.8 Samyang my infinity focus is at around 6 feet ?!?! That's all using Canons EF>RF adapter with mostly Canon EF lenses. I know that electronics couldn't be the problem, but I did reset the camera anyways, and of course nothing's changed. I tried another Canon adapter, nothing. Then I tried RF 35/f1.8 IS and it worked as normal, so now I'm really confused what have they done and how's that even possible. 

I've also noticed all my lenses are now "macro" lenses, they can focus closer than before, so the only cause of that would be that the lens is further away from the sensor, but how ?!?! The adapters are the same, everything is the same as before. I've contacted Canon today and while I'm waiting for them, maybe there is someone who can shed some light of what I've missed.

Everything is the same when I turn AF on, it just won't focus.

To make things worse, I have multiple shoots in the coming days and I really need my C70 to work 🙂 

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements