cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 C Side Handle Control

VidHeadz
Contributor

Hey guys,

I'm looking to find a side handle to control basic video functions.  I currently have the Porkeys Keygrip still working on getting it to work.  I have seen in a post here a gentleman was working on the getting a Canon GR-V1 to work with the C70.  He found a couple other solutions with caveats.  I see that he N3 port can be converted to lanc and was wondering if it can work for video function control?  I have big hands and I mainly shoot video sometimes I inadvertently hit buttons while filming.  I want to get a side handle for my rig where I don't have to hold the camera grip.  Thank you for any information you may be able to contribute.R5C1.jpgR5C2.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello VidHeadz,

Canon does not make a specific side handle for this camera model unfortunately. While having a lot of our cinema lineup features, you are going to be a bit more limited with the accessories and interchangeability using this camera. I do apologize for any inconvenience that may cause.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello VidHeadz,

Canon does not make a specific side handle for this camera model unfortunately. While having a lot of our cinema lineup features, you are going to be a bit more limited with the accessories and interchangeability using this camera. I do apologize for any inconvenience that may cause.

Thank you for getting back with me on this.  It is greatly appreciated.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Might a gimbal be a possible solution for you?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I would like to be able to run the R5C on my two gimbals the Zhiyun Crane 3s and the Ronin RS2.  Do you know if there is any problem running on these gimbals?

Announcements