cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cinema RAW Development choppy playback

jointfilms
Apprentice

Hi,

This is my first time using Cinema RAW Development. I'm data wrangling for a shoot using C200 shooting 4K 12bit. I have the clips on an external Oyen Digital Mini Pro drive. When I try to play them in Cinema RAW Development they won't play down smooth. I even tried dropping a clip on the desktop to see if maybe it was just the drive wasn't fast enough. But even playing the clip that way was not smooth. I'm using a MacBook Pro 2020 13". 2GHz 3733 MHz. Graphics Intel Iris plus Graphics 1536 MB.

Any thoughts?

Appreciate any help....

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

At 1 Gbps (125 MBps), the first thing to check is your data pipeline to ensure that all can deal with sustained reads of at least that speed.

But, there's also the decompression of that footage too in whatever NLE you're using.  Which software are you using that has the poor playback?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

thanks for responding. The choppy playback is in Cinema RAW Development app not editing software. I'm just data wrangling on this shoot. Just need to play down footage to make camera report notes for post. But these files aren't playing down smooth. 

(I originally posted this in the software section but I guess an admin moved it here.)

Announcements