cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon XA40 HDMI Audio Output Issues HELLLLPPPP

badlamb
Apprentice

Hi everyone - we're having an issue outputting audio via hdmi to bluejeans or zoom.

Should be a very basic setup, XLR in (we hear audio fine in the camera) - HDMI out (into atomos connect) - visible picture in bluejeans (and zoom)

I did some research and found that there's an HDMI audio output option but it's consistently blacked out and not sure how to access those controls. (So I guess the real question is how do I access that HDMI audio output option so I can set the audio channels that get outputted).

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings badlamb,

I would suggest disconnecting the HDMI cable from any external device the camera is connected to and connect it to a standard television for troubleshooting purposes. This would help to determine if the issue may be related to the Atomos device or the software you're attempting to use on the computer.

If there is audio coming out of the television, then please contact the manufacture of the accessories and software for further troubleshooting. 

If there's no audio coming out of the television, then let's disconnect any external microphone and test to see if we're able to hear sound when using the built-in microphone. This will help determining if there's an issue with the external microphones you're attempting to use.

I understand you state the HDMI audio output option on the camera appears to be grayed out. Let's check to see if you're selecting the option labeled "HDMI Channels" in the camera's "Audio Setup" menu. If you're still experiencing issues, then you may contact our phone support team for assistance in real time. They can be reached at 1-800-652-2666, Monday through Friday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET and Saturday between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET.

Announcements