cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon XA11 incompatible with EOS 250D

Darvido_bravo
Apprentice

I am using a Canon XA11 camcorder with the Canon 250D and panasonic Ag-ux90 4k. Setting up the cameras and seeing on computer screen the Canon xa11 is not compatible with the other cameras. Please help me on this because i was thinking of selling it and get another DSLR camera. Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What do you mean by "not compatible"?

The video quality on this to do with brightness, contrast and saturation 

Trying to match video cameras (e.g. A, B, C cams) can be tricky.  Especially across brands.  But even within the same brand if using different devices (in your case a cam vs. DSLR).  I don't think an Log options exist on the 250D, so you'd probably be stuck with Rec.709 there. Though maybe it has a WideDR option?

Ideally, you'd want to use the same brand and I'd recommend all capturing either CLog2 or CLog3 (or whatever equivalent a particular brand uses).

You'll prob need to experiment.  And there may be other videographers that have available LUTs to apply in post to try to get the footage more equalized.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

This is a pretty common problem usually solved in post, though I can certainly understand wanting to minimize that hassle.

Darvido_bravo
Apprentice

I have tried even using an external ND filter to the Canon xa11 but still the video quality for it has much white light

Announcements