cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon C200 LCD WB problem

imsuperstas
Apprentice

Good afternoon. I have the following problem with the Canon LM-V1 screen on my Canon c200.
The screen has the wrong white balance, as a result, the image on the flash drive is 1000K warmer. In the viewfinder, the white balance is normal.
For comparison, I show a comparison with the c70, standing next to it, there are the same color profiles and the same balance.
How can this problem be solved?

P.s. I tried with another cable and a monitor from c200, the problem is in my monitor.

IMG_0446.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Just to clarify, the footage being captured on the C200 ends up being 1000K warmer than footage from the C70 filming the same exact scene?

Or do you mean that it's just the monitor on the C200 that displays the footage incorrectly?

Are you using Auto White balance on both cameras? A preset? Or specific K value?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

imsuperstas
Apprentice

The balance on both cameras is set to 5500k, the problem is only on the monitor, the footage on the sd card with the correct balance, the correct balance in the s200 viewfinder.

I cannot find any details in the user manual* about color temperature.

Do you have any LUT being applied to the monitor on the C200?

*In searching, I only found 3rd-party websites with PDFs that cover numerous peripherals in a single manual.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

No, I did not use luts, I did a complete reset of the camera. It looks like the problem is in the hardware, I thought maybe there are some engineering menus that could be used to correct the color temperature of the monitor.

Announcements