cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon C100

Danty2
Apprentice

Hello guys,

Can the Canon c100 shoot without mounting  external lenses? Does it have internal lenses?

I appreciate it if someone could answer me

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Yes. That is what it means.  Lens required to function. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

Hello Danty2, 

You are most welcome for the assistance.  When no lens is mounted to this particular camera, it is not able to produce an image.  Lenses are a critical component of all imaging systems and some models, including our VIXIA and XF series, feature built in lenses.  Any model in the EOS line though like this EOS C100, will require an external lens to be the optical system for the camera.   

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

Hello Danty2, 

The EOS Cinema cameras including the EOS C100, have an interchangeable lens system.  These are externally mounted lenses and must be used.  There are no internal or built in lenses within this system.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Tim, Thanks for answering me. Does this mean, that on the screen of the canon c100 you can see anything without external lenses? I want to buy a used one and when I dismount the external lenses , I see nothing on the screen. I wanna make sure that this is Ok. 

Yes. That is what it means.  Lens required to function. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello Danty2, 

You are most welcome for the assistance.  When no lens is mounted to this particular camera, it is not able to produce an image.  Lenses are a critical component of all imaging systems and some models, including our VIXIA and XF series, feature built in lenses.  Any model in the EOS line though like this EOS C100, will require an external lens to be the optical system for the camera.   

Announcements