cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon C100 mk2 possible profile problem

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

Here's a question for fellow C100 mk2 users.

I like to shoot log and get great pictures. However, I suddenly noticed a change in the quality of the image with it being soft whereas it was not before. I tracked this down to whether C9 Cinema is locked or not. Unlocked = sharp video, locked = soft video. Has anyone else seen this?

Have a look at these pics. The only thing that changed between them was locking the profile. Shot off a monitor hence the patterning, you have Locked first, and then Unlocked.

LOCKEDLOCKEDUNLOCKEDUNLOCKED

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings IamintheUK,

When the custom picture profile is locked on the Cinema preset, other custom picture settings will be "locked" out and all picture-related settings will be set according to the CINEMA preset values. This includes any sharpness preset that may have been modified on the camera from the preset values. Locking will revert and only apply the preset values. Unlocking allows the user to then customize the custom picture preset where sharpness adjustments can be carried out if desired. If you prefer a sharper image, then please leave it unlocked where the sharpness level is set higher that the preset sharpness value.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings IamintheUK,

When the custom picture profile is locked on the Cinema preset, other custom picture settings will be "locked" out and all picture-related settings will be set according to the CINEMA preset values. This includes any sharpness preset that may have been modified on the camera from the preset values. Locking will revert and only apply the preset values. Unlocking allows the user to then customize the custom picture preset where sharpness adjustments can be carried out if desired. If you prefer a sharper image, then please leave it unlocked where the sharpness level is set higher that the preset sharpness value.

Thank you NatalyaP, your explanation is so much clearer than the manual.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S
Announcements