cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which lenses are compatible with Face/detect/Priority on Canon C300 mk2?

Alfredo_B
Apprentice

Hello there, 

I would like to know your experience with lenses that are compatible with Face/detect/Priority on Canon C300 mk2?

I just bought a c300 mk2 second hand and none of my lenses are compatible with face/detect nor face priority.

I red that only EF, STM lenses are compatible.

Any experience with that? Nothing against EF STM lenses but generally speaking are kind of mid-low end of the spectrum, so I find it strange that on a camera that used to cost 15k you can use the much priced dual pixel auto focus applied on face detect/priority only when using  mid-low and EF-USM lenses? 

Thanks a lot in advance 

Alfredo

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

See page 222 for more information.  Great camera BTW 👍  

eosc300mk2-300mk2pl-im10-en.pdf (c-wss.com)  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick,

Greatings from Italy!

Thanks for pointing out that the first thing to do is to look at the manual! Too easy, first I look for more difficult ways to find a solution😁.

The manual says that I can use all EF lenses (it does not specify if STM, USM) but I have tried with my EF lenses (EF 35mm 1:2 IS USM - EF 50mm 1.4 - EF 24-105mm 1:4 IS USM). I don't have STM lenses though.

WIll try again but I think is pretty easy to engage the face priority (after turning on AF and continuous autofocus). Focus giude works but no face priority.

I see you got a R5C! Nice camera. Would love to have that in a near future as B camera as now I have a c100mk2 (lovely but the R5C is far better).

If you have further goudance on type of EF lenses, well much appreciated, otherwise, thanks al lot for your help!

Much appreciated!

Alfredo

Hi,

Just to let you know that I found why fface detect & tracking (and as a consequence face detect and face priority) wasn't working. It was actually greyed out on the nemu. I solved it by resetting all the settings on the camera as someone suggested in a post.

The fact is that when you set MAGNIFY WHILE RECORDING' to on, face detect & tracking is desable!

Take care

Alfredo

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thats great to hear and helpful.  It makes sense too.  I need to review the portion on magnification myself.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements