cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C70 screen goes black when flipped around

nickkasimatis
Apprentice

Hi,

I borrowed a friend's C70 and the display turns black after its been flipped and I press it make it flush with the back of the camera. The monitor works while flipped, it turns black when pressed inward. I have a C70 and this hasn't happened to me before. I checked the menu and didn't see any options that would cause it to happen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello nickkasimatis,

You are correct in that there really is no menu setting that should cause this particular issue that you are experiencing. With that said, I would still recommend resetting the camera to factory default settings to start. This is found in the System Setup (wrench) menu.  You may use a dry microfiber cleaning cloth to wipe the battery contacts. Also make sure that you are using genuine Canon batteries and/or the Canon power adapter. If the issue persists, then the camera should be evaluated at a Canon factory service center.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello nickkasimatis,

You are correct in that there really is no menu setting that should cause this particular issue that you are experiencing. With that said, I would still recommend resetting the camera to factory default settings to start. This is found in the System Setup (wrench) menu.  You may use a dry microfiber cleaning cloth to wipe the battery contacts. Also make sure that you are using genuine Canon batteries and/or the Canon power adapter. If the issue persists, then the camera should be evaluated at a Canon factory service center.

nickkasimatis
Apprentice

Thank you, I have done some tests and the problem persists. I’m going send it in for repair. 

Announcements