cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C70 remote recording monitor?

CharityB
Contributor

Hey- I am hoping to use my macpro laptop as a remote recording monitor for the Canon C70. Is this possible? (and if so, How?)

Alternately are there remote recording monitors for the C70 ... and below $900 ??

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

I meant a monitor... a computer monitor would work, but there are any number of monitors made for filmmakers, from 5 inches up.  I use a little Swit 5 inch monitor that's fairly good, and cheap.  There are many others from companies like SmallHD, Atomos (some are also recorders), PortKeys, etc.  Then again, as kvbarkley said, an HDMI capture device may well let you use your laptop, and even record on it.  I haven't done that myself.

If you're going to be outdoors, you may want to look into a high brightness monitor.

And for WiFi on the C70, Canon have a list in their support site, FAQ section.  If you don't already know where that is, you should find out.  I would post a link but this forum doesn't allow it (even to a Canon support site???).  In any case a little searching should find it for you.

But for WiFi dongles, it's honestly a bit of a lottery.  You have to have a dongle which EXACTLY matches one of the ones that Canon support, including the version of the chip inside the dongle, and they don't tell you what that is when you buy one.

For example, they say that they're compatible with the D-Link DWA-182 (C1).  C1 is the version, but when you buy this online, the version isn't shown. I bought one and it turned out to be the D1 version, which doesn't work.

The one I'm using is the ASUS USB-AC56.  Just bear in mind if you buy one there's no guarantee that it will be the same version I have.

Announcements