cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BATCH Converting MSF Files from the XF 305

hrbabb
Apprentice

I need to convert 622 GB of mxf files from my XF305 for use in Premiere Pro.  I need to do this because Premiere only sees a percentage of the actual clip on random files, so I don't know what footage I don't have.  What is the best way to do this?  It is thousands of files so I am hoping there is a converter that can allow me to load ALL files from each CONTENT folder as opposed to loading a clip at a time.  Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

4 REPLIES 4

hrbabb
Apprentice

Typo in title MXF.  Also I am on a MAC

Apple's Compressor application should be able to do this.  There's a batch operation.   You can also set up a watch folder, so that future clips you may end up with could be put into that folder, and it should then convert them as well.

I'm not familiar with other software solutions, but they probably also exist.   I only own and use Compressor.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks!  I can't load a folder of files into compressor due to the file structure of each mxf file being in it's own folder.  I know we used to be able to do that, but for some reason it wants me to load one at a time.  Is the process I am looking for still available and I am just doing something wrong?

Ah, forgot about the folder structure.  Not sure.

I'm now wondering (though this may be tricky) if you could use Automator to locate the primary clip file in each MXF folder and create an alias (shortcut) to it outside that folder.   The theory here is that perhaps Compressor could then be fed that list of aliases.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements