cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"An error occurred while printing." with Easy PhotoPrint Editor

Heib
Apprentice

Hello,

Using the Canon PRO-300 with Easy PhotoPrint Editor. Printed several photos just fine, however now I receive an error message "An error occurred while printing." when attempting to print anything. No additional info given. The Canon printer seems to be receiving info because it begins to process the paper, but then it just spits out the paper blank.

I am able to print from GIMP program as a test which works with no problem, so the printer appears to be fine.

I've uninstalled Easy PhotoPrint Editor & reinstalled. I've deleted the Canon printer and reinstalled. I've rebooted my PC. Rebooted the printer.

This seemed to start after I re-registered my printer on Canon website because it was sending into to my Brother brand printer the 1st time which concerned me, I've uninstalled my Brother printer which didn't help. (When first installed, I had no problem using both printers.)

I also updated the firmware on the Canon printer immediately after receiving the error message, which reported as successful.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I had one more laptop that I had wiped clean then a fresh Windows 10 installed and it worked. 

Can't imagine why my other 2 won't work, however I'll just use my 3rd laptop and one day wipe my other computers.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Thank you, thank you! I followed your clear directions and it works! Thank you for taking the time to help. Greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!  I followed each and every step and now I am able to print photos.  

And thanks for taking the time to provide photo examples.  

WOW - Thanks, don't often comment on reviews, but this one saved me!!!!! Thanks - how did u figure this one out I'm impressed!

Awesome help - Thanks! 

I can again print disk labels with my TS8220.

Do you know if there is a similar problem with Windows 10 version 20H2 recognizing blank DVD-R disks in CD/DVD burning drives?

i'm so disheartened. the update did not fix the pblm. i've rebooted the laptop and printer.Screenshot 2021-04-05 163303.jpg

i'm still getting, "An error occured whil printing."

any more ideas? 

thanks!

i uninstalled the 20H2 updt.
went to the catalog.
downloaded and installed the cumulative updt (KB4592441).
rebooted the printer.
made sure laptop and printer on same wifi (we have several).
tested.
WORKED!!!!

thanks, all!!!

i uninstalled the 20H2 updt.
went to the catalog.
downloaded and installed the cumulative updt (KB4592441).
rebooted the printer.
made sure laptop and printer on same wifi (we have several).
tested.
WORKED!!!!

thanks, all!!!

Thank You jarrodnolan worked like a champ! For anybody attempting this be patient with update acts like it is doing nothing then "bang" it's done...

No good as I have 22h2 of Windows 10 installed

sammy1967
Apprentice
How do we get this fixed
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements