cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma pro started printing grainy lined prints

illpoet
Apprentice

So for the longest time I was getting amazing prints from this printer then out of nowhere it started churning out these grainy lined prints.  I thought it was just a cartridge running low but I swapped every cartridge out with new ones and they seem to be even worse now.  I can't seem to find a good answer anywhere. I included a sample of the poor quality prints.  It really just looks like what it normally looks like when an ink cartridge is running dry. Is it possible i just got poor replacement cartridges? ugly prints.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi it's a pixma pro 100. but i figured it out. it turns out someone (probably me) didn't pull the sticker off the top of the gray cartridge when installing it. Once i pulled the sticker off the top it worked just fine again

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

What does a nozzle check print look like?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Danny

Hi, illpoet!  If you could also let us know which specific Canon PRO-series printer you're using, that would help everyone out.  Thanks!

hi it's a pixma pro 100. but i figured it out. it turns out someone (probably me) didn't pull the sticker off the top of the gray cartridge when installing it. Once i pulled the sticker off the top it worked just fine again

Glad it worked out.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements