cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-4100 & PRO-4600 storage advice

Apprentice

Hi, I am purchasing a Canon ProGraf 4100, 4600 I live in the south.  The printer will be in a shed with no climate control other than vents.  It gets humid here however the paper will be in a controlled enviorment.  This will be ok? Has anyone here had a simular experience with this???  I would love to hear from those who had simular experience

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Many of Canon's professional printers have settings for printing in humid environments.  I'm not sure you will have control of this if the printer lives in a humid environment and your paper lives somewhere else.  Extreme temperature variation / climate extremes might cause excessive condensation.  What about a swamp cooler?

Canon imagePROGRAF Manuals PRO-4100 Notes on Paper Handling

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Would it be fair to say that the humid printing function means paper and printer needs same environment. In other words store both in same place?  I thought it better to keep paper out of the humidity?

click here to view the gallery
Announcements