cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-4000S is Cutting Off Border Included in Photoshop Document

sduff2
Apprentice

My new imagePROGraF PRO-4000s is cutting off the border at the top and bottom of the document when it prints. As you can see, the white border is a part of the image - it's imperative that it gets included in the print. I can't seem to figure out why it's cutting off the top and bottom, so please follow along as I walk you though my printing process.

You can see that in Photoshop (Print Studio Pro), the image size is set to 36'' x 39.25'', and there is a 36'' wide roll of glossy photo paperloaded in the printer:

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 12.40.12 AM.png

The Layout is set to Borderles (x1):

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 12.41.43 AM.png

After hitting print, a dialogue box appears. Everything here seems to be correct:

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 12.43.41 AM.png

After hitting OK, I'm led to another dialogue box. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 12.46.28 AM.png

I'm okay with the layout settings - I go ahead and create the settings for Quality and Media:

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 12.57.06 AM.png

and the settings for Page Processing: 

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 12.58.09 AM.png

All of this seems good, but when I print, the PRO-4000s starts by cutting off about 2'' from the top (???), and also takes away the border from the bottom until I'm left with a very thin - probably 3cm border on the top and bottom. 

IMG_1392.jpg

That means the print is 36'' x 31 5/8'' even though I clearly said that it should be 36'' x 39.25'' in Print Studio Pro. Do you have any idea why this is happening / how I can get the printer to stop cutting away the top and bottom border. The border is an imperative part of this artwork. Thank you! 

EDIT: After reviewing this post, I see that Paper Size in the first dialogue box is set to 36'' x 33''. Still, it shouldn't have cut it down to 36'' x 31 5/8". 

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements