cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-300 Promaster Pearl ICC paper profile

Cynthia51
Apprentice

I have the ImagePrograf 300 printer.   Unfortunately, I was in desperate need for Canon's luster paper, however, all our local camera stores either were out or don't carry the size I needed.  The only paper that came close to what I needed was Promaster Pearl.  When I went to their website for the ICC paper profile, they haven't  updated their files to the current printers.  There is a profile for the Pro 10, but not the Prograf 300.  Would I be able to use this, or is there a vast difference?  Thanks for any information!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ProfessionalPrintLayout/M/1.3/EN/PPL/ppl-414.html

If the Canon profile isn’t too far off maybe you can fine tune settings. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you feel the Promaster Pearl surface is close to Canon Luster did you try printing using the Canon profile?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

It is.  I did use it *Canon's Luster icc) as I was desperate.  Since the Pro 300 replaced the Pixma Pro 10, I thought perhaps I could use this.  I haven't as of yet (downloaded the icc Promaster Pearl), as I am now understanding from various sources, the colors on the Pro 300 are actually different from the Pro 10 because of the different algorithm.   I have since ordered (and just received) Canon's Luster paper.  I guess the only alternative to the Promaster, would be to have a custom profile done, but I don't want to spend the $ if I don't plan on using their paper in my normal printing.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did the Canon profile not look good?

Depending on how “off” it is maybe you could use the Pattern Print feature in PP&L to fine tune the print settings. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ProfessionalPrintLayout/M/1.3/EN/PPL/ppl-414.html

If the Canon profile isn’t too far off maybe you can fine tune settings. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Cynthia51
Apprentice

Thank you so much!  I am going to try this.

Announcements