cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-300 Color management issues in Lightroom

rachael_p
Apprentice

Windows 11, Lightroom Classic, Canon Pro-300 printer
If I use the Lightroom Print module to print to JPEG, and then print that using any other program (WIndows Photo, Canon Easy-Photo-Print etc) , I get more or less accurate colors. I select an appropriate ICC profile for the printer and paper, but to be honest I can't see much difference if I set match to "Standard", "ICM" (with profile) or "None".

If I try to print from Lightroom, directly, then one of two things happen:
1) If I select color management "Managed by printer", then the photo prints with a greenish cast, no matter how I set the colour matching in the (Canon) print driver control panel.  I am told this is a symptom of NOT applying the ICC profile at all.

2) if I select an installed profile, then the photo prints with a magenta cast, no matter what I select on the print driver control panel.  That seems to be a symptom of the profile being applied twice.

I don;t really understand the print driver control panel. I am assuming that in order to disable the default ICC profile, I need to select "Color/Intensity: manual":

rachael_p_0-1723644498411.png

and then select "None" for the matching

rachael_p_1-1723644540986.png

But even that does not seem to have an effect.  From my limited understanding of how this works, it seems that the Canon driver choices are being over-ridden by Lightroom in some way. I have asked the same question on the Lightroom forums, and the general consensus is that  you can't print colour properly on Canon printers from Lightroom, so not to try (but Epsom do work). But it feels wrong just to give up like that....

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements