cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-300 - Canon Pro Premium Matte ICC issues when printing

Morne
Apprentice

I would really appreciate some guidance from community. Finally took the plunge and got the Pro - 300. My excitement has turned into frustration and tried to trouble shoot internet and manual for solution - unsuccessful.

Setup: Mac mini M2 with Pro 300 printer.

• I installed printer and it is connected to my mac mini (IOS sequoia). Installed the driver setup package (Mac) release date 1 April 2024 along with most (if not all software incl Professional Print and Layout ver 1.5.0, Media configuration tool etc.)

Printing issue.

•  I used Pro print layout to print sample paper that came with printer (pro platinum) without issue. The profile  registered for top feed is pro platinum and matches it for that paper in the Print and layout.
  • Pro premium matte
  • I have A4, A3, and A3+ pack of premium matte.
  • On printer the ICC for this is only available on manual feed (not in menu for top feed) as it is to be loaded via manual feed according to manual
  • I have registered the Premium matte as default for the manual load-tray (Paper related settings menu on printer).
  • When I load an image into "Pro Print and layout" I select manual feed and have Photo Paper Pro Platinum as default under media type. Premium matte is not available fro selection despite having selected manual tray feed.
  • When i load paper in manual tray the printer displays Premium Matte on screen (and after registering/ok) it returns to default menu (where if you scroll up pro platinum is highlighted for top feed)
  • The only paper i can select in Pro print layout is photo paper matte (it is not listing other associated with manual loader (eg Pro premium Matte).
  • If i proceed to sen print to printer (manual feed and matte on print and layout) with pro Premium Matte as default registered to manual tray the window in Pro print and layout lists Matte photo paper (not pro premium matte) and printer profile:Auto.
  • On the printer I will have succession of 4 windows - 1. start printing from manual/cancel, 2.the Size or type of paper does not match, 3. Check paper loaded matches A4 matte (I have different paper the Pro premium matte), after clicking next - 4. window gives option to use manual feed tray settings (i have pro premium registered for manual tray), or replace paper and print, or cancel. I then proceed to print option for manual feed tray hopping ICC matches the paper.

Apologies for my ignorance or stupidity but despite searching manual, internet i am unable to resolve issue. Any guidance will be highly valued. I have reinstalled all drivers from canon USA, then from canon Europe and even Aus.

thanks in advance.

Morne

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements