cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-300 Black print smudges

Raul112
Apprentice

I have canon prograf 300 printer. I am using Kodak ultra premium paper. After printing I see the dark black side has some smudges or I would say the print is not properly drying only on the black side. I am using glossy paper and glossy paper setting under professional print and layout.

This occurs only if I use highest quality setting. In standard quality the print is proper

1000184545.jpg

1000183621.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Google “order custom printer ICC profile” and you can select a company. 

You would print a special pattern print and mail it to the company. They create the profile and email it to you. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I do not believe a paper profile for Kodak ultra premium exists.  Have you considered using papers (canon or others) which have a supported profile?

If these are truly smudges, you can change the ink drying time in settings.  

Canon : imagePROGRAF Manuals : PRO-300 series : Advanced Paper Settings

I'm not sure this is the problem here however. The black patches do not appear to be smudges.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I stay in India. It is very difficult to get canon paper. The premium paper available are from Kodak. Hence supported profile I cannot use. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

When you use the Standard print quality setting you said that the black problem does not occur.

How does the rest of the print look?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Rest of the print is good but not excellent. Earlier I was using Epson printer which has 6 cartridges and with the highest quality setting, the print is better than the Standard quality of canon printer.

If you have a lot of that paper then maybe you want to have a custom printer profile created. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

How to create custom printer profile?

Google “order custom printer ICC profile” and you can select a company. 

You would print a special pattern print and mail it to the company. They create the profile and email it to you. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

click here to view the gallery
Announcements