cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 matte paper problems

RHS49
Apprentice

Hello - Just registered. First post.

I am having problems with my matte paper prints with the Canon Pro 1000. The B&W prints either look like negatives or the blacks are not nearly dark enough- or both at the same time. The colour prints are very blurry and the colours are distorted. I have the same problems regardless of the paper brand - Canon, Canson, Ilford, Hahnemhule, etc. 

A second issue may- or may not - relate to the first. It has to with error messages concerning conflicts in  paper/margin sizes as per Canon’s professional layout and print management software which I am using because I cannot get Lightroom Classic and the Canon Pro 1000 to play nice.

My system: 24” iMac. Sonoma 14.1. Canon Pro 1000. Canon Professional Layout and Print.   

if I have missed anything in terms of needed information, just me know. In truth, this is starting to make me tiny bit crazy not to mention a bit poorer due to wasted papers AND a bit environmentally guilty about the wasted paper.  

Thanks, Robert. 

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Does a nozzle check print correctly?

Do prints on luster or glossy paper print correctly?

Do prints on plain paper print correct?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Hi -

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

1. Have not performed a nozzle check.   Will do so.

2. Yes, good prints on luster and glossy paper - both colour and B&W.

3. Have not tried on standard paper. 

Thanks, Robert. 

@RHS49 wrote:

Hi -

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

1. Have not performed a nozzle check.   Will do so.

2. Yes, good prints on luster and glossy paper - both colour and B&W.

3. Have not tried on standard paper. 

Thanks, Robert. 

Have you confirmed you are printing on the correct side of the matte paper? From my experience with the Por-100 it is difficult to determine the correct side and when printing on the uncoated side it results in output like you are describing.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Good morning -

It is entirely possible that I have printed on the wrong side of the paper but not for the number of prints where these problems are present. Once or twice, perhaps. But, not for the dozen or so attempts I have made.

Thanks, Robert. 

If you still have the bad prints do the fingertip test. Wet a fingertip and touch a corner of the paper. The print side will be tacky. If the correct print is confirmed register your product, if you haven’t already done so, and give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements