cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Are Canon's pigment based inks in Europe same as in the US?

raphaelshammaa
Enthusiast

Hi guys,

Are Canon's pigment  based inks for color printing exactly the same in Europe as in the US for the Pro-1000? And are they named in English or in the country's official language?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Heree's an example from the Netherland's Canon eStore.

Screenshot 2023-06-21 190832.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

raphaelshammaa
Enthusiast

Thanks so much John.

Does that mean they have the same chemical composition? Can I feed my Pro-1000 European inks?

I have never seen any segregation of inks based on country of use. European paper manufacturers sell paper in the US. They provide ICC profiles for printers and never differentiate. I believe there is nothing to be concerned about. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

raphaelshammaa
Enthusiast

Thank you John. You put my mind at ease.

Is there a way to hear it from the horse's mouth?

From Panasonic itself?

Hi,

The only issue you may run into, is that ink sold in other countries is coded differently from ink sold in the United States. If you move or bought your printer from the United States and purchase ink in Europe, the ink may not be detected correctly. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

raphaelshammaa
Enthusiast

Thank you Arthur, indeed!

My focus bore on unknown to us European and regional health and environmental legislation that governs chemical formulations and other potentially polluting products like inks, etc. So, obviously, Canon must be aware and ... ultimately compliant. So my question is whether their US ink formulations are universally compliant or ... not, in every case. Same applies to Epson, HP, etc, of course.

And then, as you said, there are the color codes. So there are a number of answers that remain shrouded in mystery for the user community.

Hi,

Canon does have an online library of safety data sheets. The page lists chemical compositions as one items listed. Please click HERE for the link to that page. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks.

All I want is the straight, official Panasonic answer in 9 words or less.

Is that too much to ask?

Announcements