cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I calibrate my canon pixma pro 100 to match my monitor

cliffcleland
Apprentice

65 REPLIES 65

Oh yeah, printe the test image on the canon hr101 paper.  It's a flat finish with a coating on one side,

Printer settings again.  Hopefully easier to read

printer settings2.jpg

Jeff,

I use LR and PS to print.  I won't say every print comes out as I would like but most do right off.  The printer has no control.  It is set to 'None'.  PS is set like the screem shot below.

print.jpg

Make sure you have the correct paper profile selected.  The red box above.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for your help!

1) No, I don't know how to 'Turn off every bit off control it has". Can you tell me please?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
First, download this test image and read the associated material.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Second, since you aren't sure of your settings download and use Canon Print Studio Pro to manage printing.

You are correct in understanding that your monitor doesn't directly affect your print output. But, if your monitor is off and you adjust your image in photo software to look "right" then you can get messed up output.

That is why the instructions in the link say to print the test image without making any adjustments.

If you open the test image, print it without making any adjustments, and the print doesn't look right then you have a printer issue that must be fixed before going any further.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I'll try it though I have already printed a printer test picture with skin tones and shades of gray but it still looked green 😕 I'll check it out though tomorrow and let you know thank you so much for trying to help it means more than you know 🙂

Are you using Canon Paper?

what computer operating system

if it's a Mac look in System Preferences->Printers & Scanners and be sure you aren't using the Bonjour version of the Pro-100. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I have been using Canon Print Studio Pro from the very outset and have had wonderful success (after limited success printing from Lightroom).

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Print Studio Pro should handle all the correct settings. Are you using Canon paper?

Can you post a screen shot of your Print Studio Pro settings?

macOS or Windows machine?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I'm not at home now, so I can't check this myself, but it the Canon driver has an option for High Resolution Paper then I would assume it has a profile as well.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements