cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting two orange flashes but reloading paper doesn't help

canon1127
Contributor

My PRO-100 worked fine a week ago. Today, I went to print and got the two orange flash error, which refers to paper not feeding properly. I fiddled with the paper and tried reloading it in every position I could think of, and I still get the two orange flashes. The kind of paper is Platinum Pro, I'm feeding from the top manual feed (not the back). I didn't see a paper jam but I might not have looked closely. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It continues to flash after you press the button?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Sorry I forget to mention that each time I tried moving the paper a little I pressed the button to restart feeding. It would make noise like something spinning inside. I tried to help the paper along by jiggling it, but it wouldn't move. After three periods of spinning, the two-flash error would come on again.

canon1127
Contributor

It's working now, although there are still times it doesn't print at all and gives a network error.

What I did to "fix" it was update the firmware. Then I had to fiddle a long time to get it set up again on my MacBook, not sure why all the trouble. I'm not sure any of this has anything to do with the "fix" as opposed to "just started working again."

Announcements