cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon pro 10s printer Auto cleanig cycles??

spaceair
Apprentice

i recently bought  pro 10s...

I use that great printer every day.

I found out that even though I use the printer very often, it performs on me auto cleaning cycles abaut every 3 days and it throws in the trash  pretty alot of that expensive ink.I use only OEM!

Now...i wonder if that is normal. i did not noticed that by HP and Epson?

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You say "every day" and then you say "pretty often".

If "pretty often" is more than 60 hours between prints then that is normal behavior. There is a 60 hour timer that kicks in; a cleaning cycle will occur the first time you print if the idle duration is 60 hours or more.

Go to jtooolman YouTube channel for some excellent info on Canon printer cleaning cycles.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I print every day 20-40 prints.I use multipacks of canon ink.

Those cleaning cyles are absurd...so all are ok whit that or what?

yes i did vhach now that 60,120,240,480h even and every time stronger ...

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The Pro 10 printer will do a minimal 60 hour cleaning cycle even if you print within that time limit. What you avoid by printing within that time limit is the larger 120 or more hour cleaning cycle which will use more ink. The 60 hour cleaning cycle is not too excessive in ink waste though so I don't mind it as it is designed to avoid problems caused by non-use. As was mentioned, visit Jose Rodriguez's site for very good suggestions on how to save on ink use and costs. He explains the proceedure for refilling and resetting empty ink carts. You switch out the whole ink set at once rather than individual carts because a purge cycle  occurs each time you change out one cart so switching out all carts at once will end up saving ink. To do this you purchase larger compatible ink from a larger cart. The Canon Pro 1 inks are compatible with the pro 10 (The Pro 1 Grey replaces the Pro 10 grey ink) I do this and it works.  

Announcements