cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Narrowest Paper for Pixma Pro 10 Manual Feed?

PP10-User
Apprentice

I need to run a sheet of 6.6" paper thru the manual feed tray of a PixmaPro-10, but the guides only seem to narrow to about 8".  According to printing dialog in Lightroom, its supposed to accept paper as narrow as 3.5".  Are you supposed to extract the piece of plastic in the manual feed tray preventing the guides from narrowing?  Or are you supposed to have faith the printer will pull the paper thru straight without guides?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the quick response.  You may be right about the simillarity of the two machines.  That might explain why I couldn't find a detailed guide for the Pro-10.  As for the discrepancy related to the Lightroom dialog, it could be a mistake by Adobe:  They may be using the same script for the manual feed as for the rear feed tray.

I've had the machine for over a year but until now didn't need to print a typcal panorama format on heavy paper -- that would be partly my mistake, and possibly also Canon's if in fact they don't have a detailed guide for the Pro-10.  Fortunately I found that the rear tray will handle heavy matte paper, so I was able to make my print.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

This is from the Pro-100 On-Screen manual, but I suspect Pro-10 would be the same.

Annotation 2019-09-02 191417.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the quick response.  You may be right about the simillarity of the two machines.  That might explain why I couldn't find a detailed guide for the Pro-10.  As for the discrepancy related to the Lightroom dialog, it could be a mistake by Adobe:  They may be using the same script for the manual feed as for the rear feed tray.

I've had the machine for over a year but until now didn't need to print a typcal panorama format on heavy paper -- that would be partly my mistake, and possibly also Canon's if in fact they don't have a detailed guide for the Pro-10.  Fortunately I found that the rear tray will handle heavy matte paper, so I was able to make my print.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements