cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for good quality printing papers for Canon Pixma Pro-100

limvo05
Rising Star

Hi All,

Appreciate any recommendations on best quality photo papers for Canon Pixma Pro100.

Interested in size 4x6 and 5x7 for general purpose printing.

I looked at Canon's webesite and can't tell which box is pro quality and which isn't. Found these on Amazon:

Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss 5" x 7" (20 Sheets) ( SG-201 5X7) and Canon Photo Paper Pro Platinum, 4 x 6 Inches, 50 Sheets (2768B014)

Thank you,

LV

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Both papers are very good. It depends on the surface you want.

PPP Platinum is mirrro smooth surface. Great for very colorful images where sharpness and detail is important. Reminiscent of Cibachrome paper from slide film days.

PPP SemiGloss has slight textured surface. Good for any images.

PPP SemiGloss and PPP Luster are very similar. Slight difference in surface texture, but need to be side by side to compare.

In my view "pro quality" isn't a  clearly defined concept. Even though Canon calls some of their papers "Pro" I wouldn't consider them to be professional quality since they have optical brightening agents (OBAs) and aren't really archival quality. OBAs can be problematic with monochrome prints since different lighting temperatures can cause color casts, depending on the paper.

Archival quality isn't an important quality for the printing I do, so I use any of the Canon papers depending on the surface I want. Primary paper I use is Luster; Platinum and Premium Matte at times.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements