Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

canon pixma pro 9000

[ Edited ]

I am glad to be new member to Canon community.

I have this problem:

Suddently my pixma pro 9000 stopped printing black. The printhead is not clogged, I tried several deep cleannings, so when I print colored rectangles, the black one does not print, while all the others have no problem. I must also inform you that I use compatible inks.

Thank you for reading this

Honored Contributor

Re: canon pixma pro 9000

How can you be sure print head is not clogged if test print does not print black?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply

I cleaned the printhead, and I saw cleaning liquid running out from the black holes. I assume that means it is not clogged. 

Honored Contributor

I am guessing then you may have a bad print head, but before we jump there did you try a new black ink cartridge?

Did all the holes have cleaning fluid running out or only the black ones?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

New Contributor

Dear John

yes, I tried a new black cartrige and fluid runs through all holes. I am afraid that I have to start thinking about a new print head ( 180$ in Greece ) or buying a new printer.

Honored Contributor

I don't know if they have similar offers in Greece, but in the USA Canon has had some very good rebate offers on the Pixma PRO-100 printer.

If they have similar offers in Greece you may want to see how that compares to a new print head. Plus you get a complete set of ink with the new printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

New Contributor

Unfortunately, we do not have here in Greece such offers. It's a very small market. I will have in mind offers in the Eurorean Union.

Thank you very much for your help.

VIP

"I must also inform you that I use compatible inks."

Almost 100% sure this is your problem.  Use only Canon branded ink.  The use of other inks can ruin, and likely did, the print head.

I would bite the bullet and pop for a new Pro-100.  Can you order one from a USA store like B&H or Adorama?

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!