cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon pixma pro 9000

sarantou
Apprentice

I am glad to be new member to Canon community.

I have this problem:

Suddently my pixma pro 9000 stopped printing black. The printhead is not clogged, I tried several deep cleannings, so when I print colored rectangles, the black one does not print, while all the others have no problem. I must also inform you that I use compatible inks.

Thank you for reading this

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
How can you be sure print head is not clogged if test print does not print black?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for your reply

I cleaned the printhead, and I saw cleaning liquid running out from the black holes. I assume that means it is not clogged. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I am guessing then you may have a bad print head, but before we jump there did you try a new black ink cartridge?

Did all the holes have cleaning fluid running out or only the black ones?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Dear John

yes, I tried a new black cartrige and fluid runs through all holes. I am afraid that I have to start thinking about a new print head ( 180$ in Greece ) or buying a new printer.

I don't know if they have similar offers in Greece, but in the USA Canon has had some very good rebate offers on the Pixma PRO-100 printer.

If they have similar offers in Greece you may want to see how that compares to a new print head. Plus you get a complete set of ink with the new printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Unfortunately, we do not have here in Greece such offers. It's a very small market. I will have in mind offers in the Eurorean Union.

Thank you very much for your help.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I must also inform you that I use compatible inks."

Almost 100% sure this is your problem.  Use only Canon branded ink.  The use of other inks can ruin, and likely did, the print head.

I would bite the bullet and pop for a new Pro-100.  Can you order one from a USA store like B&H or Adorama?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements