cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon Pixma 9000

cg6842399
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma Pro9000 that is all of a suddent printing very lightly ink wise no matter how I set the paper and quality of print.  I have updated the drivers, done all of the maintenance, and yet everything we print is super light.  I tried going back to all of the printer defaults and even did a Windows System restore to a date prior to when we had the problem with no luck.  

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi cg6842399,

I know you said you did the maintenance, but I would like to know specifically how the Nozzle Check prints out when you attempt to print it.  You can print the Nozzle Check by holding down the resume button for two flashes of the printer's light, then let go.  A correct Nozzle Check should look like this:

Does your Nozzle Check print correctly?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is essential your monitor and your printer show the same thing. If this is not the case adjusting your printer is fruitless. Did you happen to change monitors recently?

There's no LCD screen (PictBridge operations are controlled through the camera's LCD) and no card reader. If you have such a camera ( PictBridge) try printing directly from it and see if the problem still exists.

Until you isolate whether it is a problem with the printer or your computer it will be like chasing your tail.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements