cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon 9500 mkII not printing

fuelsguy
Apprentice

I have an 9500 which is not printing. if I send a file to the printer the queue shows the file but then quickly goes to idle and nothing prints. I've tried the shut down/restart loop, nothing. checked everything I can but the printer claims it's OK.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You haven't provided much to go on.

1. have you tried a nozzle check? Does it print OK?

2. what software are you trying to print from? What are you trying to print?

3. what operating system?

4. did it just start this problem or has the printer been sitting idle for years and you are now just trying to use it?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

OK, further to my post, the problem seemed to be the printer not getting the file for printing.

I swapped the cable, and tried different using different USB physical ports on my PC ( running Windows latest version) all without success.

I then hooked the printer to my Dell laptop, also running windows, and the printer worked just fine!!

So that would suggest a USB problem in my PC, which I don't understand but wqill get into it tomorrow.

thanks for offering to help, any ideas welcome.

You may need to create a new printer port in Windows 10. Search Google for  -- Adding a printer port in Windows 10 -- for detailed instructions, but here's a start:

Click on the Start button, and then select Devices and Printers.
  1. In the Devices and Printers window, click on Add a printer.
  2. In the Add Printer window, click on the option Add a local printer.
  3. Select Create a new port, and then select Standard TCP/IP Port from the drop-down menu. ...
  4. Enter the IP address of your printer.

Robert N.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements