cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find the ICC profile for my new Canon Pro-100 printer?

sshalimar16
Apprentice

I  downloaded ICC profiles for several different papers, but for optimum color management, do I not also need a ICC profile for the printer itself? Very new to this......I have my ColorMunki and I use Photoshop and Lightroom. Trying to get everything coordinated properly...........

Thanks for the help,

Laura Mowrey

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If you downloaded ICC profiles for papers they should be for the Pro-100. The paper vendor prints a known pattern of colors using a Pro-100 and then uses a device to analyze the print. The ICC profile contains the correction info that adjusts the printer to make the prints look like the known color pattern.

The Color Munki will calibrate your monitor to make sure that the colors you see are correct.

I suggest you calibrate the monitor to,D50 at 80-90 lumens/m^2.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Oh, so I don't need a ICC profile for the printer itself, just for the paper I am using to print on? It's been awhile but I could have sworn my instructor told me to get an ICC profile for the printer....as well as the paper I am using. This is all so confusing!

Thank you  🙂

Laura Mowrey

You need one profile that is for the paper/printer combination. If you buy a different printer you will need a new profile for the same paper. That's probably what the instructor meant.

Take a look at this video: http://youtu.be/LlV7cqqladQ
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks so much!  🙂

Laura Mowrey

click here to view the gallery
Announcements